[close]

One of the many facilities Racing And Sports provides for all users is the ability to access "audio" content. Because of our significant domestic and international presence at the race track and of it, not only are we delivering extensive racing information and technology along with form content, you can avail yourself of a substantial amount of interviews conducted by the Racing And Sports team.

They include discussions with Jockeys, Trainers and Owners through the week, Post-Race interviews, Press conferences at major meetings and also Race Day Previews from our racing staff. All these emanate from racing right around the world.

Forum - Winx vulnerable

Winx vulnerable

Order by Date Ascending

RacePost -- Any Racing topic goes
Page 12 of 12

Go to Page: 121110987654321.  Next >>

Original Blog Post:

The best horse on the planet had a GUT BUSTING run in Sydney FIRST UP.

Having only TWO weeks to recover after such a torrid run first up, is far from ideal.

I'm hoping the champion can continue her winning streak, but I suspect that she may be vulnerable and even backable - and she will not want to bomb the start again.

Anyone else have similar concerns?

Author: Gary Still
Subject: Winx vulnerable

Time: 1/9/2017 2:56:10 PM

Post a replyPost a reply to this message.

Author: Rex
Subject: Re: Winx vulnerable

Time: 19/3/2018 9:25:22 AM

Blog Reply:

Fairburn,

There are very few Enables/Cracksman running around. To be fair, among others, I mentioned Gun Runner, Cloth Of Stars, Talismanic. As of November of last year those three horses were rated 4th, joint 7th and joint 18th in the world. They have already featured at toward the top of the ratings at the end of the yard.

I would love to see something go with Winx when she's on song. This is a mare that has now posted 5 x 130 plus TF ratings and she hasn't been pressed in any of those.

To come out and win a race by 7L, first up, and run a 132 TF rating on the bridle is simply phenomenal.

And you get some clowns in here that say she's nothing special. More of a reflection of their stupidity than anything else.

If pressed she could conceivable run a high 130's. Which would make her the best mare of modern day racing, and one of the greats of the turf.

Enjoy her while you can, she won't be around for long, and we may not see another like her for quite some time.

Author: Fairburn

Time: 19/3/2018 6:42:05 AM

Blog Reply:

Rex,

Don't interpret my comments as criticism of Winx because that was not the intention. I was just pointing out that some of the northern hemisphere horses you mentioned are in my opinion unlikely to figure highly in the 2018 rankings.

Time: 18/3/2018 9:36:56 PM

Blog Reply:

Fairburn

Nothing you have stated in your 3 posts detract from the point Ive just made. And that is there have been plenty of good horses from most points of the globe contest races this year.

As I clearly stated, the likes of Enable, Cracksman, the European 3yo's etc will have their say when the time comes.

The fact Winx was able to run the rating she did first up is hugely impressive. A rating far higher than many world G1 winners. And that is despite the fact she did it on the bridal.

Incredible horse

Time: 18/3/2018 3:15:12 PM

Blog Reply:

Rex,

Blue Point who was the horse you mentioned who beat Harry Angel did so in a G3 race some time before Harry Angel established his peak rating and Blue Point who is yet to win at G1 level after four attempts with subsequent form not that of a horse I would expect to be featuring high up in the IFHA ratings at the end of the European season noting that he was beaten first up last month in a G2 race in Meydan by a 7yo who is yet to win at G1 level after more than twenty career race starts. There are three other sprinters who beat Harry Angel
at G1 level subsequent to him establishing his peak rating who are yet to race in 2018.

Time: 18/3/2018 12:22:11 PM

Blog Reply:

Rex,

On further investigation I noticed that Thunder Snow, the current Prix Jean Pratt winner that you mentioned has contested a weak G1 race at Meydan that is not considered by the IFHA to be one of the top 100 G1 races in world racing during the period in question.

Given that said horse was tied for 90th place with about 40 other horses in the IFHA 2017 World Rankings at 118 it is probably unlikely to figure highly when racing gets into full swing in Europe this season.

Time: 18/3/2018 10:55:04 AM

Blog Reply:

Rex,

Most of horse that feature in the IFHA rankings have done so of performances in G1 races. How many of the Euros or American 3yo's seeking Derby qualification you have referred to have contested G1 races during the period of the latest IFHA ratings. I don't know the answer but would assume the answer is zero.   

Time: 18/3/2018 1:08:42 AM

Blog Reply:

The best American horses at 2000m have had a shot at the ratings. The Pegasus is run in January. This is where Gun Runner ran a 129. And the 3yo are out and about earning points for Derby qualification.

Some of the Europeans have had also had a shot. We have just had Super Saturday in Dubai which many connections use as a final trial meeting before World Cup night. Plus a few have had runs in Europe this year. Granted, the big guns such as Cracksman, and Enable and the merging 3yo are yet to be seen.

But a horse who defeated the worlds top rated sprinter, Harrys Angel, is in Dubai. As is one of the worlds top rated sprinters over the last couple of years. The current Breeders Cup turf winner. The current Arc 2nd. A Coral Eclipse winner. The current Prix Jean Pratt winner is. Plus you have a Sun Met winner from SA there.

No doubt the Europeans will feature heavily when the season is in full swing. But we have already seen some of the better horses in the world compete this year, and horses with major G1 form

Time: 17/3/2018 4:39:18 PM

Blog Reply:

No interest Gary, haven't seen either of them race and know nothing about the strength of the fields they have beaten.

Time: 17/3/2018 4:09:36 PM

Blog Reply:

Concede GB not being represented.

So Fairburn, how does Winx compare to Emable and Gun Runner? Just give me a margin between 0 and 100 lengths.

Thanks

Time: 17/3/2018 3:52:07 PM

Blog Reply:

“So all the ratings experts have Winx as joint best in the world, and another couple of horses racing here in the top 5, but Gladys won't have it because it contadicts his opinion.....well I never.”

The ratings are for 3yos and upwards which RACED BETWEEN 1ST JANUARY 2018 - 11TH MARCH 2018 and that is the reason why the best Euro and American horses are missing. It’s quite simple really. Why do you think that so many of the top rated horses from 2017 are missing from the rankings. Winx wouldn’t be there either if she did not race during that period.   

Author: saintly1996

Time: 17/3/2018 1:20:34 PM

Blog Reply:

So all the ratings experts have Winx as joint best in the world, and another couple of horses racing here in the top 5, but Gladys won't have it because it contadicts his opinion.....well I never.

Winx is a champ....flogs everything around her, including some horses who are proven all over the world, but someone can't see that she is a champ because it makes years of stupid debate redundant.

Should have gone to spec savers.

Time: 17/3/2018 12:51:31 PM

Blog Reply:

Wake up Gladys. The surname is "Still" not "Crispe".

Author: gladys

Time: 17/3/2018 12:37:19 PM

Blog Reply:

I don't know, I don't follow dirt racing.

What I do know is that Australia has the third largest horse population in the world, seventy three group one races and about three group one horses.

Now I always respond to your questions and taunts, when will you answer the questions regarding your article on your idol?

Time: 17/3/2018 12:24:03 PM

Blog Reply:

Yes Gladys, the USA is another country full of duds.

Time: 17/3/2018 12:17:18 PM

Blog Reply:

Yes Gary, "quick, look over there" is the usual reply when your comments have just been blown clean out of the water.

Time: 17/3/2018 10:39:22 AM

Blog Reply:

So, what did you think of Gun Runner? No bad, huh?

Perhaps watch Enable as well and tell us how far down the track Winx would finish compared to these two?

Time: 17/3/2018 10:24:26 AM

Blog Reply:

Happy Clapper is rated the 4th best horse in the World? Yeah right!

Ratings are just someone's opinion about a horse based on their best run. It's a bit like rating someone who is flogging the insides out of the bowling in 4th grade cricket and declaring them the best batsman in the world based on what they are doing to hopeless opposition.

When are you going to answer those questions I posed about your article on Winx, Gary,instead of this continual adulation for a good horse beating up duds?

Time: 17/3/2018 10:11:54 AM

Blog Reply:

I suggest you both watch some youtube clips of Gun Runner.

Time: 17/3/2018 9:57:06 AM

Blog Reply:

The telling part about these ratings is the following description. "The LONGINES World's Best Racehorse Rankings for 3yos and upwards which RACED BETWEEN 1ST JANUARY 2018 - 11TH MARCH 2018" That period of time just so happens to coincide with the northern hemisphere of season.    

Time: 17/3/2018 9:53:33 AM

Blog Reply:

Yes Gary, I read that. I don't care less about someone else's opinion and their ratings.

I also read that the ratings are taken between January and March, 2018 and only includes horses that are actually racing during that period.

I understand that UK and European horses are not racing during that period so are not included.

How is your credibility going?

Page 12 of 12

Go to Page: 121110987654321.  Next >>

Racing and Sports now moderates the Talkback forum to ensure posting guidelines are adhered to.
The views expressed on Talkback are those of the writer and not necessarily those of Racing and Sports. You must be a registered user to write postings or send messages to other users. Click here to register.